In these term and conditions:
1. “We, the seller, us or our” – AMS Plumbers Merchants Ltd registered office 55 Sefton Street, Southport, PR8 6SH. Company number 3573421 VAT REG 483 4687 06.
2. “You, your” – means the consumer/customer seeking to purchase the goods from us.
3. “Contract” – means any order or purchase of goods by the consumer this is accepted by Us.
4. Goods – Any products, services supplied in accordance to these terms and conditions.
Use of this site
This site is provided to you free of charge, for personal use and is subject to the below terms and conditions, by purchasing items from the site, you are agreeing to adhere to the terms and conditions of the site.
1. Price & payment terms
1. AMS Plumbers Merchants Ltd reserves the right to amend or withdraw prices for products we offer for sale at any time without prior notice.
2. Prices are liable to change at any time; changes will not affect any orders in which we have already sent a dispatch confirmation.
3. We are under no obligation in the event of a pricing error to provide to you the product or service at the incorrect (lower) price, even after a dispatch confirmation has been received, if the pricing error is obvious and un-mistakable and could have reasonably been recognised as mis-printing.
4. The price of products will be as quoted on the website, except in cases of obvious error, clerical and typing errors are subject to correction.
5. The price will always include VAT (unless otherwise specified) and is charged at the current rate set by the British Government. Delivery charges will be applicable to your order unless otherwise specified.
6. All payments must be made by credit or debit card, we accept; Visa, Visa Delta, Mastercard, Switch and Maestro, Payments will be debited at time of order through Sagepay, we can also accept payments through paypal.
7. Special Order items are non-returnable and could be subject to delayed delivery times, we will notify you on-going of any change to such dates.
2. Availability and delivery
1. If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to fulfil an order we will notify you as soon as possible.
2. We aim to make delivery by the delivery date advised when the order was placed.If no delivery date is specified then within four working weeks of the initial confirmation, unless previously notified.
3. We will endeavour to deliver most products within 7 working days unless specified, however some products may take longer due to unforeseen supplier/manufacturer issues, all delivery dates are given as an estimated and realistic lead time.
4. We will strive to deliver products on a pre-organised delivery date and or dates, sometimes it is not always possible to do so, AMS Plumbers Merchants Ltd cannot be held responsible for unforeseeable situations beyond our control or otherwise.
5. For the avoidance of any doubt, we shall not be liable for any costs incurred due to late/ non deliveries.
6.Large / Fragile (Palletised deliveries) will be delivered as close to your front door as possible, if the location is unreachable due to location or any other obstruction (apartment blocks or narrow streets)delivery will be made as near to the delivery address as possible.
7. The driver is NOT insured to take products inside the property, the delivery will be made as close to the front door as possible, for palletised deliveries, we advise a minimum of 2 able bodied persons to accept the delivery and carry the goods inside.
8. In the event of the items not being delivered due to inadequate arrangements being made by the customer/purchaser for their acceptance, we reserve the right to make an appropriate charge.
9. Tradesmen should not be booked until goods are received and carefully checked. We cannot be held responsible for any third party losses as a result of un-delivered or damaged items.
10. All delivery charges will be clearly marked out on the checkout page. The carriage charges are based on an economy delivery schedule. Fast tracked delivery times will be clearly stated and will be subject to a surcharge; this will be an option at the checkout stage of your order. The following areas/locations may be subject to a carriage surcharge: AB, DD, PH, IV, KW, IM, BT, IW, SI, GY, JE, HS, ZE or Non UK Mainland Islands i.e Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Shetland Islands etc. Please ring for full details and a price will be given on application. You will be notified prior to delivery if your order incurs a postal surcharge.
11. Products will only be delivered to the customers address, we are unable to leave with neighbours, and goods must be clearly checked and signed for at the point of delivery. If the delivery is made to a communal block of flats, the driver is only obliged to deliver to the main communal door. If for any reason you are unable to accept delivery of the goods, they may be stored at the depot nearest to your address until you can collect them
12. If you are not in for delivery on a prior agreed date you will incur another delivery charge.
13. The Carrier/delivery driver may ask to see identification before leaving any product; this is to help protect us from credit card fraud.
14. Any orders placed at weekends, bank holidays or out of working hours, the order will be processed on the next available working day, and the delivery dates may vary accordingly, If a delivery is due to fall on a bank holiday and or weekend, we will amend the delivery dates accordingly, this may extend the dates, we endeavour to deliver all good on time, although delays are possible.
15. If items ordered have different delivery times, we will hold the order until all the items are available for dispatch, you do however have the right to request a part shipment, and we reserve the right to charge a delivery charge each time.
16. Deliveries are made by a variety of carriers, carriers forming parting of the AMS group will be subject to these terms & conditions, other carriers may have their own conditions of delivery.
3. Damaged/ Missing Products
1. Goods must be carefully checked upon delivery, we will not accept “unchecked” as a signed proof of delivery.
2. Claims for non-delivery shortage defect or damage must be made in writing to us via email, of fax within 72 hours, we will not be held responsible for damaged goods or any shortages after this time.
4. Our Returns/Refunds/ Cancellation Policy
1. You have the right to cancel your order up to seven working days after the order is placed, you can cancel your order by telephoning, email, fax, or via the “contact us page” If the goods have already been dispatched at the date of the cancellation it is your responsibility to return the goods, in perfect condition (as per point 4.4) we will refund the items in full back to your original method of payment once the products have been retrieved and inspected less any postage/delivery costs.
2. Any requests for the return of products due to the customer ordering products in “error” must be made within 30 days of receiving said products.
3. Any returns must be reported to us we will then issue the products with a returns number, you can obtain the number by fax 01695 580567 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your Customer name, Order number, date of order and reason for returns request. If you do not receive any acknowledgement from us then your order has not been cancelled.
4. Any returned items must still be in the original packaging i.e cellophane wrapping, and in perfect condition. Toilet seats that are unopened can be returned, in interests of hygiene and for your protection we do not accept returns of, or refunds on, unsealed toilet seats. It is your responsibility to cover costs of, and ensure the products are returned in perfect condition, in the case of products sent in error by ourselves, we will arrange collection at no cost to yourselves.
5. Upon receipt of returned goods, we will inspect, and then issue your refund less any delivery/postage charges and 20% re-stocking charge.
6. Goods classed as “special order” cannot be returned or cancelled after we have received an order confirmation, we will notify you of this at point of order. Please note, it is your consumer right to return goods as per the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 with the exception of goods made to the consumer’s specification or clearly personalised or which by reason of this nature they cannot be returned.
7. In the event of faulty items, we will refund in full the cost of the damaged item and any delivery charges, please arrange for the return to be collected as per point 4.3, after we have received and inspected the item we will issue a replacement or credit as per our Terms & Conditions.
8. Any faulty products returned to use must be in the original condition in which they were sent out, we cannot consider any products for return after they have been installed, it is the customers responsibility to inspect all products before installation.
9. Any refunds will normally be returned to the original method of payment at the point of initial order.
5. Confirmation of price and availability of products
1. Information regarding our products is listed on the products page, any lead times specified on the product page should only be used as a reference lead time, the order confirmation will inform you of delivery dates, you can request availability of stock and or lead times by contacting us by fax, email, telephone or via the “contact us” page on our website.
1. Products supplied by AMS Plumbers Merchants Ltd are given a 12 month warranty from the date of delivery. This warranty does not affect your consumer rights.
2. The warranty does not cover any defects caused by; wear and tear, damage wilful or accidental, failure to adhere to any manufacturer’s instruction, substandard installation or any alterations to the product without the manufacturers consent,
3. If any goods supplied develop any defect to their quality or condition, we require you to advise us in writing within a reasonable time after the defect is discovered,
4. Any valid claim for products which are defected or damaged or fail to meet specification in accordance to the manufacturers guide lines, AMS Plumbers Merchants Ltd will replace or supply replacements at our sole discretion, we shall not be responsible for any costs incurred to yourselves or any third party.
5. All goods/ products supplied carry a full manufactures guarantee which is available upon request,
7. Liability / Events beyond our control
1. The Site provided by AMS Plumbers Merchants Ltd disclaims all liabilities in connection with the following; Incompatibility of this site with any of your software, equipment or telecommunications Technical problems, errors, unsuitability or inaccuracies;Inadequacy of this site to meet your requirements
2. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the product purchased, and any losses which are foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement.
3. This does not include or limit in anyway our liability For Death or personal injury caused by our negligence under section 2 (3) of the consumer protection act 1987;For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation for any matter which would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
4. We are not responsible for any loss of damage suffered to you or a third party for any breach of this contract by ourselves, such as loss of income, loss of profits or loss of contracts however arising whether caused by by tort, negligence or breach of contract by ourselves even if foreseeable.
5. Any images or product details on this website are used to give a general reflection of the products described, we would always recommend that suitable research or professional guidance is undertaken to ensure that the product/goods are suitable for their intended use, we cannot be held liable for products under preforming due to reasons beyond our control or information withheld.
6. We cannot be held responsible for items badly installed by any third party, in any instance of a product requiring a manufacturer’s inspection, we will not be held liable for any costs incurred, or the supply of replacement parts, any defective products will be processed accordingly.
7. We cannot be liable for instances/events beyond our reasonable control in which may impair our performance, or delay our service to you (Force Majeure)
8. A force Majeure includes any event beyond our reasonable control in particular:
Acts of God including ; Fire, Flooding, earthquake, epidemic or any Natural disaster
War, threat of war, civil war, sabotage, acts or threats of terrorism;
Government sanction, embargo, import or export regulation or order;
Labour disputes, strikes, lockouts boycotts or any other industrial action;
Impossibility of the use of rail, motor transport, shipping or any other means of transportation public or private.
Failure of any utility including, gas, water, electricity or communication service private or public.
8. Our right to vary these terms and conditions
1. We have the right to amend these terms and conditions to reflect any changes in market conditions, any conditions that may affect our business, any changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes within the law and regulatory requirements or our systems and procedure.
1. The risk in any goods sold by the Seller to the Buyer shall pass on delivery, but the title to any such goods shall not pass until the purchase price thereof has been received by the Seller. The Seller may recover or resell such goods or any part thereof in any of the following events:
If the Seller has not received payment for the goods by the due date or
If before the due date the Buyer commits an act of bankruptcy or has a Receiver appointed over all or any part of its business or a petition is issued, or a resolution passed, for the winding up of the Buyer or upon the commencement of any other act or proceeding in which the Buyer’s solvency is involved or If before the due date the Buyer ceases or threatens to cease carrying on its business.
2. In any exercise of this right to recovery the Seller shall have the right to go upon any premises occupied or used by the Buyer or where the goods (or any of them) are situated and even if the goods have been attached or connected to any other goods, products, plant or machinery but are readily removable, the Seller may remove the same.
3. Until the Seller has been paid in full the relationship of the Buyer to the Seller shall be fiduciary and the Seller shall have the right to trace the proceeds of any disposition of the goods by the Buyer or any insurance covering the same which shall be paid into a separate new account and not into any overdrawn account.
1. The Buyer and the Seller agree that the limitations and exclusions incorporated herein are reasonable in all the circumstances but it is agreed that if any such limitation or exclusion would by operation of law be adjudged to be void as going beyond what is reasonable for the protection of the Sellers interests, but would be valid if part of the wording was deleted or the extent and scope thereof reduced, the said limitations and exclusions shall apply with such modifications as may be necessary to make them valid and effective.
1. This agreement shall be governed by and adjudicated under English law. All contracts to which these Terms and Conditions apply shall be deemed to have been made at the Sellers head office at 55 Sefton Street, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 6SH
12. Third Party Websites
1. This site may include third party website links, AMS Plumbers Merchants Ltd cannot be held responsible for their content or any information gained from their use.